Are you looking to progress your career in architectural journalism and media? If so, we may have the perfect position for you: Architizer is on the hunt for a talented Architecture Editor to join our content team.
The Architecture Editor will be tasked with creating content focused on the world’s best architecture, creating articles that are inspiring, informative and relevant to architects and design professionals around the world. The ideal candidate is a savvy wordsmith who is self-driven, adaptable, and highly knowledgeable about architecture and design. Previous experience writing for print or online publications is essential.
Job Type and Timeframe
The Architecture Editor position is a full time position for 40 hours per week. It is 100% remote at the present time. The Architecture Editor is a key member of Architizer’s Content Team, reporting directly to the Content Director. The position will include a 3 month introductory / training period, after which the position can be made permanent based on performance.
- Knowledgeable about architecture, urban design, landscape architecture and art/design
- Pithy and articulate with a knack for crafting prose that is smart and punchy
- Highly communicative and collaborative in a remote work setting
- Self-motivated, diligent, responsible and resourceful
- Visually-oriented, with a great eye for striking images
- Team player with an ability to thrive in a scrappy startup environment
- Confident in delivering clean, concise copy under tight deadlines
- Comfortable with a fast-paced publishing schedule
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Architecture, Urban Design, Journalism, or Digital Media
- 2-3 years experience with digital publishing
- Deep and nuanced understanding of digital media
- A background in architecture or design media is desirable
- Research, write and assign daily stories, including but not limited to project collections, news items, op-eds, in-house announcements, and trend pieces that synthesize common themes in contemporary architecture
- Manage a team of freelancers to create high quality articles on architecture
- Review pitches and assign, edit, and schedule content for publication
- Promote content via social media and through regular e-newsletters
- Write monthly opinion pieces under a column
- Craft snappy copy for promotional campaigns and marketing materials
- Represent Architizer at conferences and events
To apply, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line “Architecture Editor Application: [YOUR NAME]”:
- An up-to-date resume (attached as a pdf).
- Cover letter (attached as a pdf). In the cover letter, tell us why you are the right person for this job. Please share relevant experience, insight, and motivation.
- Links to relevant content or writing you’ve created for yourself or other publications.
If your application is shortlisted, you will then be given an editorial test to complete in order to demonstrate your skills.
Architizer is the largest network for high-end residential, commercial and institutional architecture online, with more than 100,000 projects in our database. We’re currently the go-to site for the world’s leading architects and designers to showcase their work and have an aggressive strategy for continued innovation in online services related to the built environment.
We’re a team of thinkers, creatives, technologists, writers, architects and doers. In the spirit of the architecture field, we approach our objectives with equal parts analysis and creativity. We’re involved both online and offline with architecture and design and collaborate regularly with friends at respected cultural organizations both in New York and globally.
Top image: Meama Coffee Production Plant by Khmaladze Architects, Tbilisi, Georgia
The post We’re Hiring: Apply for the Role of Architecture Editor at Architizer appeared first on Journal.