If writing about the world’s best architecture sounds like a dream job to you, then pay attention, because Architizer is on the hunt for a talented contributor to join our team!
The A+Awards Content Fellowship provides an opportunity for talented architectural writers to report on — and tell engaging stories about — the world’s best architecture. We’re looking for editorial contributors to create A+Award-focused content that helps to celebrate this year’s winning projects and the talented people behind them. It will be up to fellows to identify key design trends, new concepts and topical threads that tie these projects together, building a picture of what great architecture looks like today, and what might emerge in the future.
Content produced by fellows will help to promote the A+Awards program using informative language and insight that is relevant to architects and design professionals around the world. The ideal candidate is a savvy wordsmith who is self-driven, adaptable and knowledgeable about architecture, with an ability to write about design trends, materials and technical details. Previous experience writing for architecture and design print or online publications is ideal.
The A+Awards Content Fellowship provides an amazing opportunity for people looking to enter or advance their career in architectural writing or journalism. Architizer’s editorial alumni have gone on to write for the New York Times, Fast Company, Metropolis Magazine, Curbed, Dwell, Architect’s Newspaper, Dezeen and more.
Here’s everything you need to know:
Job Type and Timeframe
The A+Awards Content Fellowship will involve 100% remote work, and you will be compensated on a per-article basis. It is intended to run for 3 months from the hiring date, with the possibility of extending based on performance. The anticipated time commitment for fellows starts at 5 to 8 hours per week.
- Knowledgeable about architecture, urban design, landscape architecture and art/design
- Pithy and articulate with a knack for crafting prose that is smart and punchy
- Self-motivated, diligent, responsible and resourceful
- Meticulous with fact checking and conforming to an editorial style
- Visually-oriented, with a great eye for striking images
- Confident in delivering clean, concise copy under tight deadlines
- Pitch, write and edit weekly articles highlighting A+Awards winners and finalists
- Craft snappy display copy that is social media friendly but not misleading
- Source post images (usually from the Architizer database)
- Draft and format articles in WordPress ready for Editor’s review
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably related to architecture, design, art or journalism
- A deep and nuanced understanding of digital media
- Availability for 5-8 hours each week (1-2 hours for researching pitches, 4-6 hours for writing and editing)
To apply, please email the following to email@example.com with the email subject line “A+Awards Content Fellowship Application: [YOUR NAME]”:
- An up-to-date resume (attached as a pdf).
- Cover letter (attached as a pdf). In the cover letter, tell us why you are the right person for this job. Please share relevant experience, insight, and motivation.
- Links to relevant content or writing you’ve created for yourself or other publications.
If your application is shortlisted, you will then be given an editorial test to complete in order to demonstrate your skills.
About the A+Awards
The Architizer A+Awards is the largest awards program focused on promoting and celebrating the year’s best architecture and products. Its mission is to nurture the appreciation of meaningful architecture in the world and champion those products that are integral to bringing great buildings to life. The reach of the program is huge, with over 400+ million impressions worldwide.
Our reputable judges nominate five finalists within each award category. These finalists are then presented online where design practitioners and enthusiasts from around the globe vote for their favorites during a highly publicized campaign. The winners of the A+ Popular Choice Awards are honored alongside Jury Winners. In 2020, we received over 400,000 public votes.
Get fully acquainted with the program by reading through the A+Awards Website.
Architizer is the largest network for high-end residential, commercial and institutional architecture online, with more than 100,000 projects in our database. We’re currently the go-to site for the world’s leading architects and designers to showcase their work and have an aggressive strategy for continued innovation in online services related to the built environment.
We’re a team of thinkers, creatives, technologists, writers, architects and doers. In the spirit of the architecture field we approach our objectives with equal parts analysis and creativity. We’re involved both online and offline with architecture and design and collaborate regularly with friends at respected cultural organizations both in New York and globally.
Apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line “A+Awards Content Fellowship Application: [YOUR NAME]”
Top image: Leeza SOHO by Zaha Hadid Architects, 2020 A+Awards Jury Winner in the Office – High Rise (16+ Floors) category; image © Hufton + Crow
The post We’re Hiring: Write About the World’s Best Architecture With the A+Awards Content Fellowship appeared first on Journal.